Nanoemulsified | 300 Colorado Hemp Oil
Quicksilver Scientific Delivery Systems™ brings you a standardized, highly bioavailable form of cannabidiols (CBD), the non-psychogenic yet highly physiologically active compound derived from the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa. Cannabidiols have been shown to have a far greater influence on the body than ∆9-THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), impacting expression of more than 1000 genes, most notably upregulating expression of cellular antioxidant defenses through pathways including Nrf2, a primary regulator of cellular antioxidant production, and downregulating that of many inflammatory chemokines.1 CBD receptors, namely CB1 and CB2, exist widely in the body, being highly expressed in the hippocampus and central nervous system (CNS), the immune system, and peripheral nervous system.2 CBD receptors are strongly stimulated by the endogenous eicosanoid anandamide, whose name is taken from the Sanskrit word ananda, meaning joy or bliss.3
CBD has been studied for its antiemetic, analgesic, antiepileptic, and immunomodulatory effects.4,5,6 CBD may act as a neuroprotective antioxidant, with studies demonstrating an effect superior to alpha-tocopherol and ascorbate in preventing glutamate toxicity.7 CBD has also been studied in settings of mood disorders, with effects possibly mediated by 5HT1A receptors.8 The innate immune system produce endogenous cannabinoids, and also expresses CBD receptors.5 In addition to NMDA and 5HT1A receptors, many other receptors have been shown to be effected by CBD including those which regulate calcium homeostasis and suppress tryptophan degradation.7,9
Quicksilver Scientific's Colorado Hemp Oil delivers a nanoemulsified oil that is 40% CBD. The nanoemulsified format improves bioavailability, delivering biologically active substances directly to lymphatic circulation and improving cellular delivery.
Quicksilver’s Delivery Systems™ Phospholipid Encapsulation System brings the power of intravenous therapy into a convenient oral delivery.* Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improves upon liposomal technology with smaller, more stable, single-layer spheres made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, nanospheres like the ones produced by Quicksilver Scientific have demonstrated the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly and enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients.10,11 Also, the phospholipids that compose the liposome shell feed the cell membranes;12 this helps ensure the proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.*
- Juknat A, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;165(8):2512-28.
- Pertwee R, et al. Pharmacol Rev. 2010;62(4):588-631.
- Felder CC, Glass M. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 1998;38:179-200.
- Welty TE, et al. Epilepsy Curr. 2014;14(5):250-2.
- McCoy KL. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:5831315.
- Davis MP. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(7):915-22.
- Hampson AJ, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2000;899:274-82.
- Resstel LB, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2009 Jan;156(1):181-8.
- Izzo AA, et al. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2009;30(10):515-27.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015-35.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
General Suggested Usage:Take 2-10 pumps by mouth, holding for 30 seconds before swallowing. Repeat as needed. Best taken on an empty stomach at least 10 minutes before meals. May also be stirred into small amount of water. Use within 60 days of opening. Store at room temperature.